Friday, November 1, 2013

Fashion Designers History -Christian Louboutin-


Christian Louboutin


Christian Louboutin is a French footwear designer whose footwear has incorporated shiny, red-lacquered soles that have become his signature.

    Louboutin was born and raised in Paris's 12th arrondissement. He was the only son of Roger, an ébeniste (cabinet-maker), and Irene, a homemaker, his parents are European French and he has three sisters. 
    Louboutin said in a 2012 interview that he was "much darker-skinned than everyone else in his family. You know, I felt I wasn’t French. My family was very French and so I decided they had probably adopted me. But instead of feeling it was terrible and that I was an outsider who had to go and find my real family, I invented my own history, full of characters from Egypt because I was very into the pharaohs." In the same interview he also recounted an incident where his dark European looks were the focus of racial hatred.

3 comments: